Monday, November 16, 2009

Where can I buy REAL ninja stars?

I want to buy my husband (a kung fu maniac) some ninja stars for Christmas. Where can I buy REAL ninja stars? I%26#039;ve searched the web and all I can find are rubber ones. I would like to have them displayed in out house, so I would ideally like to find some nice looking ones. |||i bought mine in Japan, you could like find it anywhere there..|||Shuriken made explicitly for practicing old style martial arts are uncommon. Cheap copies are sold all over the internet, and a few places still make handmade versions which are quite nice.





Your best bet for something close to authentic that%26#039;s affordable is to contact a metal fabricator and see if they%26#039;d be willing to produce a dozen or so for you. Some decent designs and information on manufacturing shuriken can be found here:





http://www.secrets-of-shuriken.com.au/in...





Your basic material should be iron, which can be treated and should be oiled to prevent rust. The edges should not be sharp, though the corners should be pointy. Remember, the shuriken is classified as kakushi buki (hidden weapons) -- it%26#039;s meant to be closed in the fist and used to amplify the force of a strike at close range, or thrown at a distance.





There are a few places on the internet that I%26#039;ve come across that specialize in making shuriken for various koryu (classical Japanese martial arts), but my experiences with those companies will not allow me, in good conscience, to recommend them -- Basically, if your husband%26#039;s birthday is in August, he might get them in time for that.|||You should check martial arts magazines such as: Panther production,


also might want to check those military magazines!|||If he%26#039;s into Kung Fu then why would you buy him shuriken (a.k.a. Ninja stars)? You can find good quality shuriken all over the internet. Try eBay, Google, and also try some Bujinkan supply stores.|||http://www.bladehq.com/item--Cold-Steel-...|||www.weaponmasters.com |||Flea markets.|||Here you go:





http://www.coldsteel.com/surestrike.html|||I say google it. but if not go to a novelty asian store or flee market.|||From a %26#039;real%26#039; ninja!|||Try, www.gungfu.com they have a good selection of stars. Type in throwing stars in the search box.

No comments:

Post a Comment