Saturday, November 14, 2009

How long will a Kawasaki Ninja 250 last at highway speeds?

Hi, I%26#039;m thinking about getting a Ninja 250 and was wondering how long you can keep it on the highway without it overheating or what not. All of the reviews I%26#039;ve read for this bike have come up and said great for the city and can handle the highway, but for how long? I would plan on riding the bike at highway speeds for 4 or 5 hours. Do you think this will work? I don%26#039;t have a lot of money to spend and the highway riding will only be once or twice a month. Thanks for the comments.|||It will be fine, just don%26#039;t expect to go much faster than 70, and expect it to take most of the day to get up to 70|||I own this bike, and it easily goes over 100, and it does great in bad traffic, so whats the deal? Report Abuse
|||I rode my Ninja 250 500 miles within one day using only interstates and reaching 100mph for much of the trip in the Florida summer. If you get a mechanically sould 250 the engine will not overheat or get damaged by this kind of use. Report Abuse
|||Mick you have no idea what the **** you are talking about, i have this bike and i can get up tp 110mph in seconds.


it does 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. so you have no idea what you are talking about. Report Abuse
|||Well the Ninja 250 is water-cooled, but it seems to handle fine on the freeway for long times.





We have gone from Cheyenne to Casper and back a few times with no problems at all with my son%26#039;s 250.|||Don%26#039;t know what the chick is talking about. The bike will be fine. Its actually better at highway speeds even more so if it is air-cooled. The amount of wind on the highway is great for a air-cooled bike it dissipates the heat faster. The only kicker is if you get stuck in a traffic jam. I used to have a Katana which was air-cooled and i never had a problem. And highway driving is easier on the engine then city cuz there is not as much stop and go. Also the engine never really gets revved out. As long as you keep the rpm%26#039;s low it will be fine. Remember that bikes usually rev higher then cars anyway. Its not unusual to ride at 4,500 rpm on a bike when in a car you ride at 3,000 rpm. If the bike is in good condition it will fine. Just change the oil regularly.|||I will be driving my 2007 Kawasaki Ninja to Seattle from Austin, TX. This bike last forever and is great on gas. I have owned three of them, starting back in 1997. You are set, this is the only sports bike you should get. I would suggest tweaking the muffler or adding a after market muffler if your going to be driving the bike on the HWY. The reason why, is you want everybody to hear you coming. You want the muffler loud as hell.





Cheers,





DJ ULTRA BLUE|||rc1 is correct. Smaller displacement bikes are air cooled and work best when running. THey%26#039;re AWESOME on gas and insurance on them is low too. If you treat your engine right, it will last forever.





My 83 Kawasaki KZ 550 lasted me over 200,000 miles and I only got something new because some butthead backed over my bike and totalling it.|||try to keep the bike under 45mph and you will be ok|||To answer your question definitively; Try hovering around 104 MPH close to redline for an hour on your way to Daytona on a hot day and being stuck in 140 degree road heat of clogged bikeweek traffic for another 2 hours. My Ninja 250 did it just fine because their radiators are designed to run cool and soak up mad heat. Even better than my Ninja 636 (i should know i%26#039;ve tried it with both my bikes). And on the way back home, i was stuck in another citywide traffic jam .


And the bike revs lower now since i upped the front cog from 14 teeth to 15 .


I want to ride it all the way up to NY and introduce myself to Julianna Mauriello, but I am too tired to even try.|||I will hazard a guess of 1/4 million miles.|||This bike will run forever at 70mph, and will go about 100mph so you aren%26#039;t at even 70% of its capacity at 70mph. The bike will do zero to 80mph+ in 15 seconds and take a little less than 1/4 mile to do so, so the person who said it%26#039;s slow is comparing it to a crotch rocket -- it%26#039;s still faster than your typical small car, but gets 70mpg while doing so. If I actually physically fit on the little bugger, I%26#039;d probably get one myself for commuting, it%26#039;s a reliable, time-tested little bike that gets great fuel economy and is plenty fast (and light and nimble!) to stay out of the way of the cagers.|||You will probably blow the engine. Go with a 500 if you can afford it. There%26#039;s a 250 at the local cycle shop with a blown engine caused by highway speeds. My 500 handles it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment