Friday, November 18, 2011

How do you say ninja in Latin?

I would like to know how to say ninja in Latin. I know ninja is Japanese, so ninja may not even be in Latin. But, if someone could please explain to me how or why, or a word in Latin close enough to ninja, please tell me.|||There is no word for ninja in Latin, simply because there were no ninjas in ancient Rome. Same as Latin does not have a word for washing machine or car or email. A language can only have words for things that the people speaking that language know about.|||I seriously doubt that you%26#039;ll find a word like Ninja in Latin. As you say yourself it is a Japanese word, and second the term ninjas didn%26#039;t exist when latin was spoken. You wouldn%26#039;t find a Latin word for television either =P





The closest you%26#039;ll get is probably:


miles militis : soldier, warrior, knight|||Ninja. Or use my guess, clever warrior, callidus miles militus.

No comments:

Post a Comment