Friday, November 18, 2011

How do you lock a helmet on a Ninja 250?

I just bought a Ninja 250, and the helmet lock is pretty low on the left side of the bike. How am I supposed to attach my helmet there? It would be right up against the exhaust pipe.|||correct, the helmet lock is low. Many people use a small cable, and loop the cable through the chinbar of the helmet, then to the helmet lock.





Myself? I figure if I spent $300+ on a helmet? I can carry it with me.





If you lock a helmet by the %26quot;d%26quot; rings? someone can just slice the strap and take it. Helmet thieves maybe do not buckle theirs on?





you can lock to the bike, but? I prefer to carry mine with me.





Good luck|||I also own a Nija 250 and find the same thing. So I don%26#039;t. All bikes have a similar scenario. They do make helpmet locks for the handlebars. Check these out. I was thinking about getting one myself.





http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stor...





http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Handlebar...|||If I remember right, one way burns off the pad on the helmet, the other way rests the helmet on the pipe with the pad facing upwards. You have to play with it, I used the lock when I had one.|||I own a 07 Ninja 500R and found that you pretty much can not lock a helmet to the bike and ride it at the same time. If you are just wanting to lock the helmet to your bike so you can to into a restaurant or into a mall or something, if you lock the helmet into place and the lower your passenger foot peg I found that you can lock the helmet up and the place the helmet in the rear peg thus keeping the helmet off of the exhaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment